Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Travel Protection:
Please note that a final claim determination is made based upon the plan provisions, and the written documentation we receive with your claim submission.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if my flight is delayed or canceled?
The Travel Protection Plan protects you in several ways. If your flight is delayed 3 hours or more, you can take a later flight and you will be reimbursed up to a maximum of $750 for your Additional Transportation Cost to join your Trip and for the cost of any unused land or water Travel Arrangements. See Plan Documents for full details.
You will also be reimbursed up to $150 per day to a maximum of $2,100 for any additional accommodation and travel expenses if you incur a delay of 8 hours or more for a covered reason during your Trip. See Plan Documents for full details.
2. What are Pre-Existing Conditions and can a Pre-Existing Condition be covered by the Global Consolidated Services USA, Inc. Travel Protection Plan?
Medical conditions for which there is treatment; or a recommendation for treatment, diagnostic test or exam; or for which drugs or medicine are prescribed during the 60 day period prior to your effective date are Pre-Existing Conditions. The policy excludes your Pre-Existing Conditions and those of a Traveling Companion or a Family Member traveling with you.
Exception: Medical conditions that are treated or controlled solely with medication and remain treated or controlled without an adjustment or a change in medication during the 60 day period prior to your effective date are not considered to be Pre-Existing Conditions. See Plan Documents for full details.
IMPORTANT! - The Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion will be waived if the payment for this plan is received by Global Consolidated Services USA, Inc. within 2 days of your initial deposit/payment for your Trip, provided you are not disabled from travel at the time Your plan payment is received.
3. What can I do if I lose my passport or visa close to the departure date of my Trip?
Fortunately, passports and visas can often be replaced in a very short period of time. Sometimes as quickly as 24 hours. There are a number of passport service agencies who can provide this expedited service for you. Click here for a passport service agency.
4. What if bad weather is predicted where I plan to travel? Will the Global Consolidated Services USA, Inc. Travel Protection Plan cover me if I cancel my Trip?
The Global Consolidated Services USA, Inc. Travel Protection Plan does not provide coverage if you cancel your Trip based upon what may or may not happen.
5. What happens if my bags do not arrive at my destination when I do? What do I do?
The Travel Protection Plan covers all baggage delays of more than 24 hours during your Trip. You will be reimbursed up to $250 for personal articles you buy (such as toiletries, a change of clothing, etc.). Be sure to keep receipts for anything you purchase.
Your delayed or lost baggage will be tracked for up to one full year, if requested.
6. If I require medical care while on my Trip, are my medical bills covered?
The Travel Protection Plan covers medical expenses resulting from an illness or injury during your Trip. If you must be medically evacuated to another facility or home, these costs are covered as well. See Plan Documents for full details.
The Travel Protection Plan includes a 24-hour worldwide assistance service to help you with medical or legal emergencies during your Trip.
7. How do I file a claim?
Go to travelclaimsonline.com to file a claim. You will need the following items to file your claim(s):
- Your Plan Number which is found in the Plan Documents;
- The departure and return dates of your scheduled trip;
- The travel agency and/or travel supplier name;
- Depending on the type of claim(s) you are reporting, additional documentation may be required.
8. Does the Global Consolidated Services USA, Inc. Travel Protection Plan cover my frequent flyer miles?
Frequent flyer miles are not covered if you must cancel or interrupt your Trip. If you cancel your Trip for a covered reason, you will only be reimbursed the money actually paid for the Trip.
9. What happens if I lose my job and I must cancel my Trip?
The Travel Protection Plan provides coverage for job termination provided: 1) your job loss is the result of your involuntary termination of employment or layoff; and 2) you must have been continuously employed with the same employer for 1 year prior to the termination or layoff.
If you have a specific question about the Global Consolidated Services USA, Inc. Travel Protection Plan, please contact Trip Mate.
These Frequently Asked Questions only provide a general summary. Please refer to the actual Plan Document for the specific terms and conditions of the specific Plan issued to you as eligibility for coverage varies based upon the specific Plan terms, conditions and limitations, and may vary by state or may not be available in all states.